The main objective of the project is to optimize the performance. The performance is calculated by turning different services off and running a parallel program. The results are tabulated in the table below which shows that some services that are necessary and not necessary for the cluster. So useless services will be turned off.
Cluster computing is a powerful distributed computing. Which can solve the bigger and intensive computational tasks very efficiently and quickly at low cost by distributing them on the several nodes . As cluster computing is on demand today it has so many applications in engineering, scientific and research areas which need day to day optimization, configuration automation and bug fixings for their productive work.
The thesis includes the cluster configuration and optimization manually and automatically by the scripts programmed and produced in Linux shell programming environment. Which are of two types the server side scripts configure the server and client side script configures the client nodes automatically. Some benchmarks are developed which are used for the observation of the cluster performance optimization which works on the currently unused redundant services by turning them off.
The idea behind working on this project is to get awareness of the distributed computing as it is booming nowadays. It is vast it has so many application on scientific and engineering research areas. it has revolutionized the computing power, the high performance distributed parallel systems like massively parallel computing, grid computing ,clusters and the cloud computing are soul of parallel distributed computing.
This project includes the design and optimization of the cluster performance on Linux OpenSuse operating system. The concept behind optimization is turning the unused services down. All the work is carried out focusing the Beowulf cluster. The project includes some automated work as there are many things while configuring cluster the files needs to be modified manually which is a tiresome job in order to provide the easiness in cluster configurations we have developed some scripts through the Linux shells which just need to be execute once and the configuration is carried out in automatic way.
The first chapter of the report will be the introduction chapter. The format shown
at the first page of this first chapter must be followed in all chapters. The text should be double-line spaced. The start of every new paragraph should be indented with one tab space. The font should be Regular 12-point Times New Roman and fully justified. The sections should be numbered according to the number of Chapter
1.1 Section 1
There can be several sections within every chapter. The start of every section
should be indented. The number of sections will depend upon the text. The sections should be numbered according to the number of chapter. For example for chapter 1, the section should be 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on.
All the figures and tables within the text should also be numbered according to
chapter number. For example for Chapter number 1 the numbering will be Fig. 1.1, Fig 1.2, Table 1.1, Table 1.2 and so on. When referring to the Figures and Tables in the text, respective numbers should be used.
The references of books, journals or articles used for the preparation of report
should appear within the text. The references should use a citation number. For example while referring an article, the number should be used.  Similarly while referring a book, the citation number should be used.  The details of the references should appear in the references section at the end of the report.
1.1.1 Subsection within a section
There can be subsections within the sections. The format of the subsections
should be the same as shown in this example. The subsections should also be numbered according to the number of chapter. For example for chapter 1, section 1.1, subsections should be numbered as 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and so on
The format of the second page of every chapter will be like this page
NanoBridge M5 is a very powerful device for Point to Point connection, especially used for High Tranfer rate consumers.
Maximum Distance it can work is 50KM conditioning that the line of sight between the two point are clear.
- The Server site is installed on a low altitude and the client end is on the upper side.
- Use Google Earth “Ruler” tool to exactly point the location between two Bridges.
- If Nano Bridge is installed in the City, then make sure the line of sight is clear (Although you cannot see the other end device from human eye but you need to direct the device according to the Google Earth Tool)
Google Earth is not popular only for watching scene from the eye of Satellite is has also very useful functions to calculate distance between two points which is called Crow Flies distance.
I used to map Wireless device within the city and Google Earth helps me alot to find the exact direction where to point the device and to calculate the distance between two wireless towers .
How to Find:
1 . Open your Google Earth Application on Laptop Etc, and zoom to the location you want to calculate the distance between.
2. On the top navigation bar in Google Earth click Tools and then Goto Ruler.
3. A Popup box will appear on the screen, now click the one point and drag it to another point will show the Crow Flies distance between to points .
Thats All .. Enjoy
Intense Debate is an advanced solution for comment system on websites. Now a days blogs are mostly on Blogger.com or content websites are mostly on CMS like WordPress and Joomla and a comment system is found to be useful in all websites to engage users with website. Default comment system for WordPress and Bloggers are not much flexible so as an alternate comment system “Intense Debate” is used.
I used this comment system for my client’s website, they have a huge database of comments and thousands of comments are posted in a day.
What we gained and what we lost for using Intense Debate Comments sytem
First i will mention what we Gained:-
- After installing the system we found that the CPU usage of the server went down by 60%, Because comments are posted directly on Intense Debate server and they synchronize the comments with your wordpress site after a particular time or a few bunch of comments are gathered.
- It increases the user engagement by almost 50% due to functions like Login with Facebook, Login with Twitter, OpenId and Reply by email.
- Commentators can get scores on their profiles if their comments are liked, More the likes on their comments the higher is the commentator score. (This function is only available only if they register on Intense Debate or WordPress.com).
- 20% Increase in Pageviews and traffic as the post is shared on commentator’s facebook profile if they are logged in through their Facebook profile.
What we Lost:-
- Although Intense Debate transfer all your previous comments to their database but it does not transfer the registered users, that means a registered user will not more use his old ID registered on your website.
- Comments are synchronized with the wordpress database, but most of the time there is a difference in comment count on local server and actual comments on intense debate server.
- Their comment moderation system is also strong like wordpress but the function of Hold a comment in the queue if it contains (1) or more links. only works when you force commentators to register an account on Intense Debate or WordPress.com
Recently my client required for the IP address of the sender who used Contact form 7 to contact the website administration. Then i browsed through the plugin and did not find any drag and drop option for that.
After a little search i get the solution.
Goto contact form 7 settings page.
In the message body text area, use this tag Sender Ip: [wpcf7.remote_ip], and save the settings thats all.
The main purpose of registering a .pk domain is to attract traffic from Pakistan and secondly you can get low competition on domain names. Registering a domain on PKNIC is far more friendly than Godaddy or other registrars.
The PKNIC website is simple designed and very user friendly.
Steps to register a domain at PKNIC.
- Goto www.pknic.net.pk.
- Register a new account by clicking “new user”.
- Before buying a domain you must add money into your account, for this you will need to log in and goto Billing > Pay domains > Directly using credit card tab at the top (Assuming credit card).
- Fill out the billing details and make the payment.
- Now you have domain credit to buy domains, Goto Register Domain > Register Domains and fill out the form which also contain name server information, billing and technical contact. When you are done click Submit domain application.
It will take upto 24 hours to provision to a new name server. it takes a little long than Godaddy.
Please comment about this article review